Skin is the largest organ in our body, which is our outer covering. It acts as a waterproof shield, helps with temperature regulation and protects against sunlight damage. It helps to protect against infections and plays an important role in the synthesis of Vitamin D. It is the greatest tactile organ and helps us to feel things. It also produces a number of hormones.
Being such an important organ of our body any problems are evident as it is exposed. To find out what treatments would be best to help with your individual needs, get in touch via our contact page or call 07483 348881.
Common problems that people consult for are:
- Large skin pores: These are the openings of the hair follicles and are normal findings. Can be aesthetically displeasing. Treatments available are – Chemical Peels, Microneedling, Laser skin resurfacing, Radiofrequency needling treatment.
- Lumps and Bumps: Warts, skin tags, Moles, milia, Xanthelesma, Cherry Angiomas. Treatment available – CO2 laser skin resurfacing, Plasma surgical treatment.
- Pigment Disorders – Melasma, Lichen Planus, Vitiligo
- Treatments available: Q switched laser, Cosmeceuticals, chemical peels. (We do not treat Vitiligo in our practice)
- Inflammatory skin conditions – Acne, Rosacea, skin infections. Treatments available – Cosmeceuticals, Platelet Rich Fibrin, Peels, Lasers, LED
- Scars – Related to injury, stretch marks. Treated with Lasers combined with PRF
- Sun Damage – Solar lentigines, Actinic keratosis, Photoaging. Treatments – Cosmeceuticals, sun protection, Q switched laser, Microneedling.
- Wrinkles – Treatments available Toxins, Fillers, Lasers, skin boosters, Mesotherapy
- Hair Loss – Treatments available- Mesotherapy and PRP
A proper consultation is essential. A number of treatments are available and most condition required individual treatment planning.